Monday, October 16, 2023

Fall












Today I dug up my dahlia tubers.  Last year I waited and waited and then forgot and they froze.  So this year I will pull them out when its a little earlier!

I picked a ton of raspberries, alpine strawberries and the rest of the apples!  Then I threw out all the dropped ones and cleaned up the garden just a little.  

I weeded a huge garbage can full of weeds from around the patio and blew off all the patios.  Then deadheaded some planters.

This week I'm putting my tulips into potting soil and in some reused containers.  I'm going to do it that way so I can put them in my pots when I am ready.  Right now I have cold hardy fall plants.

Jared and a couple family members went in on a freeze dryer.  So he's been freeze drying most of our apples and peaches.  They are so delicious!  We freeze all the berries for smoothies.

I got some new Felco hand pruners and wow, worth every penny!  

I need to get the Halloween Decorations out!  I just have a box or two but Soren always gets excited about it!