We played six games during the tournament. Some were newer programs and some were teams we typically play during our season at home.
It was fun to have the double rostered girls in and getting lots of playing time when we had opponents who were from newer programs.
We played Herriman in the finals. Herriman is a great lacrosse team. They have a lot of speed and our girls were excited to play them when it wasn't a blizzard! We seem to always have really bad weather when we play them.
The girls said after the game that the Herriman team was the nicest we've played. It says a lot about the character of the girls when they can be competitive on the field but still be nice to each other.
Their was a little scuffle between a couple parents (neither from our team), and that was exciting too. Lol. Sports is hard. Lots of strong emotions especially when you worry about girls getting hurt. Bad calls are inevitable. Refs are human. All in all, it was a GREAT tournament!
I LOVE our girls! They are so supportive of each other and really have a lot of respect for one another and enjoy each other.
It was fun for me because Jared was assistant coach. He was going to be the head coach this year. He's a great coach and awesome with basketball, but lacrosse is newer to him. He was so happy when Kendra was able to come back from Georgia and coach for a few months. She's got the experience he doesn't have and he can learn a lot from her and hopefully help out with other teams in the future.
Monet and Elise were both on the circle. I love watching them play together. I've waited a lot of years for their sisterhood to get to a level where they felt more like peers and there is less of a gap in their ages and interests. I love that they are so proud of each other. I'm soaking this last season in!
I missed out on the team photo at the end! I need to get the one of the whole team together.
Love this clip of Monet intercepting a pass and Elise shooting and Skye scooping it into the goal. The teams excitement afterward is my favorite!


