I like these kinds of posts! I don't know why. They aren't that exciting. But here is what happened this week:
I worked out at Orange Theory MWF. Got a new record, 49 splat points on Friday. Went hiking to Stewart Falls with the Hiking Mamas. It was so fun. I really love hiking and being outside and social at the same time. I read my scriptures each morning. I started in Mosiah and remembered why I really love Mosiah.
Jared and I started the day after Halloween on a new eating plan. yeah yeah, I don't really want to blog about diets. But we are liking it and its been easy. I'm down three pounds and he's down 7. I LOVE watching him on a diet. It might be my favorite thing ever. He's so funny.
Jared and I had fun at the school Halloween Parade. The kids were all so cute. There were some funny costumes. We dressed up like Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World and only really parents knew who we were. Ha!
I taught 12 or so girls how to bake bread at Activity Days. I forgot all about it since it was Halloween the day before. Thankfully I remembered at about noon on Wednesday and it all worked out just fine. The girls were all excited about their mini-loaves.
I brought a bingo game to Soren's Halloween class party. A cute little Ninja boy in the class took one look at me and told me he was going to punch my face. Lol. I thought he was just trying to get into character. When I told Soren about it, he was super offended for me. He said, "That's rude! I don't like him very much now." haha. He's been playing with neighbor friends all week and is so excited about that. Its good to see him have more playdates.
I also did mom art at Simone's class. That was super fun actually. When they asked whose mom I was, they all told me how nice Simone is. That made me proud. Simone and Brooke were zombie lacrosse players for Halloween. So gross! Brooke's mom is really good at gory makeup and it looked really good. I had to practically kick Simone out the door on Halloween because she was so into her puzzle Jared brought home from Wal-Mart. Simone has been doing dog training all week with Annie and Lewis. She is teaching them so many commands.
Jared took the kids to a BYU basketball game. He's excited about season tickets. The older kids are always happy to go, the little kids think it sounds like torture.
Miles and Simone started rock climbing. They are super excited about it and soooo sore from their first session. Afterwards I went with a friend to a Christmas sale and bought some Christmas decorations. I'm excited to paint the built ins sometime in the next few days.
We went to Thor on Friday with the kids. It was funny! Soren ate so much popcorn, I don't know where he put it all.
Miles and Nick had a sleepover and rode the bike and pulled the longboard with the bike all the way to Kneaders, which is over 2 miles away. So it was probably a 5 mile trek to get French Toast. I love that they did that! I wish I had a picture. Last night I took Miles to Home Depot at 9:30pm and dropped him off while I grabbed some things at Target. He bought all the stuff for a potato cannon and brought it all home and built it. I love how all the men at Home Depot were so excited to help him get his stuff. Super cute. He seemed to like doing it all by himself.
He wanted to shoot it off at like midnight but I wasn't okay with that. It sounds kinda scary and might freak someone out that late.
Elise and Monet had fun this week too. Elise and I went to lunch yesterday and she was saying that its pretty sad to think of all their friends going on missions and off to college this next year. I remember feeling that way too. Good thing college life is so fun! She has a lot to look forward to. Lots of her lacrosse teammates are getting mission calls right now. She took the ACT this past week and is super burned out on studying. So glad she's done at least with that part.
Both girls are registering for basketball. Their teams are basically their TMS teams and they are excited to play with those girls again. Elise is also playing indoor coed soccer which is funny since she is not a soccer player at all. She's currently upstairs reading a good book.
Monet informed me she has 8 things to get done today. Just hearing her say that gave me a little shot of anxiety. But its clear that she is looking forward to crossing them all off her list. She seemed eager. I guess we are all different. She was on the phone with a friend yesterday planning the weekend. I love how she likes to make plans for the group and enjoys having a big group to do stuff with.
We cleaned the church yesterday. I was stressed about it on Friday night because I realized that somehow Jared and I were supposed to text everyone in our group a reminder for Saturday Morning. Ugh. I spent our date night at the dinner table texting and trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. I think better communication is needed because that made me frustrated to not know that this was up to me until then. You know what stresses me out? Feeling like I've dropped the ball. There are so many little details to remember. Church, school, kids, sign-ups etc. Its hard to remember everything and I don't. Even with a good system I feel like I've got too many balls in the air most of the time. But oh well. Such is life. I'm trying.
Speaking of, I've got a fairly messy house currently. All these busy things=no one is cleaning up anything. So thats what we are going to do this week is dejunk one area at a time this week and really deep clean.
Today I went to ward choir for the first time. I don't really do choir type of singing. But I love to sing so why not? So many great voices there. We taught Sunday School to our class. It was probably a boring lesson I was at choir instead of prepping. Shoot. We'll do better next time.