Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mothers Day



Lots of Lacrosse cuts and bruises today!  Including cleated legs.  Ouch.









 Best Mothers Day!  When I was a younger mom, I remember being kinda sad sometimes on Mother's Day.  Like I was disappointed by how inadequate I felt. Yesterday, there was none of that.  I know I'm far from perfect, and yet, I know I'm doing the best I can and that is going to have to be enough.  And you know, no one has a perfect Mother.  We are all flawed in some way and somehow it works out all right.  I hope my kids don't have the same struggles I do.  And yet maybe my flaws and inadequacies are strengthening them somehow too.

Jared sent me flowers for Mothers Day!  I love flowers and they are beautiful.  I also got a new iPad Mini that no one is allowed to touch.  I have an iPad.  But I never use it because I can never find it.  And when I do finally find it, it is ALWAYS dead.  The kids made me cards.  And I told everyone that what I wanted for Mothers Day was to hike Horsetail Falls.  And they all obliged!  Even Jared, who usually isn't so excited about hiking.

We brought Lewis and he was in heaven!  It was so fun to see how excited he was to be in the great outdoors.

Can I just say how much I love my dog?  He's hairy and he peed on my furniture.  So I like him better outside.  But he is so attached to the family and has such a friendly and loyal disposition.  He adores Simone.  Miles has been sleeping outside with him lately.  Its pretty cute.  Everyone was so excited to bring Lewis.

The hike was beautiful and so much fun to be in the mountains again.  It took the fam quite a bit longer than the hiking mamas.  So we missed sacrament.  Oops.  But it was still fun.  Next time we will know to plan a lot more time.

I love being a mom.  I love my kids.  They fight, which drives me crazy.  But I think I see that someday they will annoy each other less and will be good friends.  There was a time when Elise and Monet used to be world apart in interests and sizes.  Both of those are coming together and I think they are proud to be sisters.

A few weeks ago we were in the car and talking about how our family is going to be when the kids are older and married.  And Elise says to Miles, "you better marry someone awesome." and he looks at her and goes, "Nah, I was thinking about marrying someone lame."  We laughed at the way he said it without cracking a smile or missing a beat.  He's a funny kid.  I sure love how Elise has such a great connection with Miles.

But really, we had a funny discussion about what our family will be like someday.  They all want family reunions at the beach like our Newport Trip last year.  It WAS really fun.