Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Lunch with Jen, Chinatown and Hamilton (for me)

 We slept in!  It was so nice!  We knew Monet would get little sleep the following night.  

We met up with Jen for lunch at the Black Barn.  Wow it was amazing!  And fun to hear how their business has weathered the coronavirus as a restaurant in NYC.  I was so glad to hear things have been good for them since the reopening.  They have a huge beautiful restaurant and their events are way up so that is great news.  

Jen is my only cousin that is my age!  I love her adorable kids and it is always fun to hear about life in the city!  She worked as an event planner for Marriott when she was probably only 21 or so and then applied for a job with the Waldorf Astoria in NYC (where she later met her husband John the head chef) and moved out East!  And has stayed ever since.   I love hearing about her life. 

She's started homeschooling her first grader so I imagine a lot of her time is raising three very little kids.  It was super fun to be around the little wiggly boys.  I felt for them since it was a long lunch and they were so patient.  Its been so long since I had a little guy.  Her youngest said that I was his "best friend"  awwww. 

Later we went to do a little shopping in Nolita/Soho, and then did foot massages in Chinatown and had a quick carboloading dinner in Little Italy.  The foot massages were so fun.  My favorite part was Monet and Simone comparing their weird feet.  Monet was down to 6 toenails last month.  And Simone has knobby bumps all over from her climbing shoes.  They were cracking up.

We got some yummy boba tea and mango rice in Chinatown and found a good last minute restaurant in Little Italy!

We hurried back to the hotel and at 7:59 we made it to the Hamilton box office where I was able to get a single seat for that night.  Again, center orchestra just a few rows back from the stage.  I've been waiting to see Hamilton for a long time and have enjoyed the music for awhile now.

It was so fun to see it all onstage!  Everyone else was happy to have an early night in and rest.


Too perfect not to get a photo with the Monet ad bus

My little besties!

In Marathon runner vs Climber, I say climber wins for the weirdest feet hands down