Sunday, January 29, 2017

Warp Speed

I'm so glad I got my little solo in at the beginning of the month!  I learned some valuable lessons from that "me" time.  And I needed the respite because January at the Wingers is a continuation of the holidays.

If I would have known that doTERRA was going to schedule two trips every January, I might have taken some family planning measures to avoid the three birthdays "birthday week." Lol.  And I certainly would not have chosen early February as our anniversary.

So we have two doTERRA work related "incentive" type trips.  The main trip to Cancun was sandwiched in between the girls lacrosse tournament in Palm Springs and Elise's preference dance.  Both of which I hate to miss.  So we didn't extend our time in Cancun at all.  Which is kinda nice to do when we are able because then we aren't quite so rushed with travel days.

To add to the crazy, my transmission went out on the way to the tournament.  We drove the 12 passenger van that was rented for us to replace the Yukon.  It was a beast!  We made the most of it.  But I literally had one hour from the time I walked in the door after the tournament after driving all night to get home, to heading to the airport to leave to Cancun.  That's a whole new post though!  And it was even kinda fun.  But it has made life more complicated!  I am now car shopping in addition to all the other things that are going on: dentist appts, orthodontics, chiropractic, haircuts, so many sports, ski bus, gymnastics meets, three birthdays, sick kids, cleaning, laundry and Sunday school lessons, lacrosse youth league responsibilities etc phew.  I'm tired.

I was so excited about all these fun things happening, that I didn't worry too much about the crazy chaos that was my life in between all these trips.

I think it finally caught up to me this week.  When is the last time I ate something green?  Not sure.  Its been awhile.  I am tired and run down.  And we have another trip to celebrate our 20th anniversary, and both Jared and I want to postpone it.  It is in three days and we are exhausted.  Traveling doesn't even sound good anymore.  And we will miss Monet's basketball playoffs which we really hate to miss.

So tomorrow we will see what kind of arrangements we can make and what the penalties of changing will be.  I'm thinking in the future a weekend away closely will be a little easier!