Jared is on a doTERRA trip and my mom is watching my kids. So I have two days all to myself. Today I drove to St. George. I love driving the Tesla. I love the autopilot. I've noticed I've been much happier with my life lately and I am as busy as ever driving kids all day. But it is so great to have a car that makes driving less tense and more relaxing and fun.
So today while the car was charging I went for a run in Beaver. Can't stop multitasking! Pretty exciting! I was a little nervous running past a ton of cows. Even though they were fenced I wondered if they ever charged? Not used to that. They were staring me down!
Then when I got here I went to Homegoods. On my way I also hit Mend Juicery and stocked up on juice so I don't have to cook or look for food. Ahhhh. I also went to two furniture stores I really like, but don't get to much.
Then I got all checked in to this cute little Casita. It is so fun! I have all my hiking gear so I can set out tomorrow. I did some rowing at the fitness center and took a long bath.
I think I am feeling pretty giddy right now because I'm going to watch a movie.
On the subject of hiking, I have really loved hiking lately. I go with a fun group of moms. It is GOOD exercise, and I get my social time in too.
I realized earlier this year I wasn't in a good place mentally because of my weight and health. I cycle a lot with my motivation for eating well and exercising. This year I was doing great with the exercise, but then got some allergies or something weird and was soooo exhausted I felt just like I was pregnant tired. We went on a cruise and the allergies went away, but the day after we got home I sprained my ankle and was out for another 6 weeks. I do love exercise, but when I get really busy I don't make it a priority. So I end up stressed and unhappy. I feel weak. I noticed these feelings were amplified. I've never felt them like that before.
I thought it was about my weight, but really I think it is about my needing to feel accomplished and having something positive to start the day each morning. Because I weigh just a little less than I did this summer, but the way I feel about myself has changed completely. I think exercise is really important for mental health. I've had to make a few adjustments like trying to keep my mornings free. Elise and I were going to gym classes in the mornings for awhile. And that was really fun to do that together.
I also hired a nutritionist. It has made a big difference in the way I am thinking about food. I hired her the first week of November. November and December are sometimes really bad for me as far as eating because of the extra workload with the holidays and trying to fit everything in. But this year wasn't terrible. And I attribute that to having someone to be accountable to. I am really liking working towards goals of eating more fiber, etc instead of just focusing on the scale. I feel like the focus in on feeding my body good food and refueling the right way. Its been fun!
Hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow! If not exercise then binge watching netflix sounds good too. :)