Friday, September 30, 2016

The Years Fly By

I was just realizing today that Elise is 17.  17!  That means that in two years, she could potentially be LEAVING on her mission.

Somehow that hit me pretty strongly.  Last week she said something about preparing for her mission in two years and it didn't sink it until after her birthday.  Those days are coming up quick.

In 3.5 years, Elise could be returning from a mission (depending on when she decides to go but her plan is to go when she turns 19).  Monet will be about to graduate from High School.  Miles will be finishing 9th grade and Simone 7th.  Soren will be a little second grader.

3.5 years is how long we've lived in this house.  And it seems like we haven't been here long.

Oh my.  I feel better about not volunteering with all the elementary school stuff.  I've got like 10 more years of kids in elementary to make up for it.