This summer flew by--of course it always feels like that! We've been busy with all kinds of stuff. I laugh when I think of a couple months ago actually believing that things were going to "slow down" in the summer after Monet's baptism. I should know by now that things NEVER slow down. We always manage to fill up our days. I don't mind all the fun stuff though. Hiking, swimming, Seven Peaks, boating, sleepovers with cousins, Thanksgiving Point, Lagoon, Dollar movies, Drive-in movies, bike rides, Snoasis, driveway basketball practice, Cowabunga Bay, etc. We've been really enjoying all this time with the kids home!
The kids are trying to cram in as many friends as possible. It is chaos and all the fun things that go along with having no schedule, sprinkled with a day here and there of intense cleaning frenzies.
Simone is essentially living in her swimsuit. Which is a step up from last year when she was running around naked half the time. We are so glad to be done with potty training!
Elise and Monet were taking just about daily bike rides down to the little snow cone shack a couple miles away. They are pretty excited about their new found independence, although they did check-in with the walkie talkies when they arrived.
We had Morgan come out and stay for a few days over the Fourth of July. The kids loved having their cousin help out at our glow stand at Sugarhouse Park. Elise and Morgan teamed up and made BBQ chicken pizza and mini-cheesecakes from scratch one evening. It was delicious! The girls loved driving the waverunners too. I loved being able to see more of my niece from Chicago. She is such a great girl.
We went boating a few times and tried out some new restaurants. We got a wakeboard after we got home from Lake Powell. I was very happy to have a little redemption when I popped up 3 for 3 from the back of the waverunner. I guess that kids wakeboard I used in Lake Powell really was the reason I couldn't get up. And it just about took my arms off. My confidence is restored.
Elise had basketball camp at BYU with her cousin Heather. She was the youngest girl there. She loved being able to stay over in the dorms and eat at the Cannon Center. Jared plays ball with Corianne sometimes, who is the leading scorer on the Womens Basketball team at BYU. Elise was really excited to have Corianne come find her and say hi. Her team won the tournament and they got a cool t-shirt.
The kids are trying to cram in as many friends as possible. It is chaos and all the fun things that go along with having no schedule, sprinkled with a day here and there of intense cleaning frenzies.
Simone is essentially living in her swimsuit. Which is a step up from last year when she was running around naked half the time. We are so glad to be done with potty training!
Elise and Monet were taking just about daily bike rides down to the little snow cone shack a couple miles away. They are pretty excited about their new found independence, although they did check-in with the walkie talkies when they arrived.
We had Morgan come out and stay for a few days over the Fourth of July. The kids loved having their cousin help out at our glow stand at Sugarhouse Park. Elise and Morgan teamed up and made BBQ chicken pizza and mini-cheesecakes from scratch one evening. It was delicious! The girls loved driving the waverunners too. I loved being able to see more of my niece from Chicago. She is such a great girl.
We went boating a few times and tried out some new restaurants. We got a wakeboard after we got home from Lake Powell. I was very happy to have a little redemption when I popped up 3 for 3 from the back of the waverunner. I guess that kids wakeboard I used in Lake Powell really was the reason I couldn't get up. And it just about took my arms off. My confidence is restored.
Elise had basketball camp at BYU with her cousin Heather. She was the youngest girl there. She loved being able to stay over in the dorms and eat at the Cannon Center. Jared plays ball with Corianne sometimes, who is the leading scorer on the Womens Basketball team at BYU. Elise was really excited to have Corianne come find her and say hi. Her team won the tournament and they got a cool t-shirt.
Although I love having the kids home and just being able to wake up and decide what kind of adventures we are going to have that day, I will really love being able to mop the floor and have it stay clean for more than an hour. The kids are so excited to find out who their teachers are, and to go back to school.