Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bring your own ice!


If you haven't got the memo yet, we've moved! We had no intention of moving. We built our house seven years ago and have really enjoyed the convenient location, all the kids, and our neighbors. I don't like the idea of shuffling the kids around and hoped that our next home would be somewhere we'd stay forever.

But I'd been trying to solve my carpooling dilemma all summer long. Mulling over the options and trying to figure out if driving my kids to the charter school everyday was really worth it. We've loved the curriculum, and the great student/teacher ratio. But all those long months of snowstorms that would sometimes cost me an hour each way really tried my patience and there are things we were missing out on by not attending the neighborhood school.

Then in the middle of the summer, after talking with a family member, and looking at our current situation and weighing the options, we started looking at some rentals in Cedar Hills. There were some nice homes, but nothing that made me want to move. I told Jared I wanted to stay for another year then pursue it next summer. The same day, he pulled up the listing for our house. It was a good price, right in the neighborhood I'd loved for years. And it was across the street from a top elementary school. It was a great floorplan, with amazing views, and almost double the finished space. Not having to drive the kids to school kinda sealed the deal. I didn't even really need to think about. Which for me, is saying a lot.

So we started packing. And the day after coming home from our camping trip to Doheny Beach, we moved. Miles and Elise have their own rooms. Simone and Monet are enjoying sharing. I love the big garage and lots of closets. The views are amazing, and we have the best iceblocking/sledding hill ever. The kids are happy and making lots of friends with some of the 85 kids on the street. It is on a cul-de-sac, which helps with my little escapee, AKA Simone.

THANK YOU!!!! to all of the help that we had in moving in. We really appreciate all of the time and lifting done by the husbands, and very thankful to the wives for sacrificing those precious Saturday mornings.

We'd love to keep in contact with all of our friends. We love the neighbors we had in the other house and don't want to lose touch. We have a great hill for sledding, or iceblocking. So you are all invited to come on over! We have a new phone number that I will post on my facebook page if anyone needs that. And of course, our cell phones are the same.