

The other day Simone got whacked with the wooden swing and had a very deep cut on her forehead.
I learned a few things about my little Simone and kids in general. First off, she is 23 pounds of pure strength. It took three people to hold her down and we were all exhausted afterward.
She talks a lot more than she did just a few weeks ago. In between her screaming episodes, this is what she said:
"meany guy!" (to the doctor)
"I'm FINE!"
"Get this OFF me!" (about the drape thing over her eyes)
"I have to go potty."
I kept reassuring her that we'd go see the horses when we were done and she could get some balloons and bubbles. I didn't really think she heard me through all of her shreiking.
But right after I got to hold her and cuddle her and we went to see the horses.
She was so excited to get her balloons and reminded me about the bubbles. When we got home, she was pretty excited about all the attention she was getting and when Elise asked her if it hurt or was fun, she said, "It was fun!"
This reminded me of my first stitches experience. My sisters bounced me off the tramp and I split my face open from my nose to my lip. The only thing thing I remember about the experience is the blood, then being really excited about the tongue depressor the doctor gave me.
So here she is 11 small stitches later. Two inner ones, and 9 outer stitches.