Sunday, March 12, 2023

This week in March

This week I went with Soren to the Aquarium for his field trip.  Soren, along with the rest of my kids, LOVES the aquarium.

The cutest part about it was how he was really excited for me to sit by him on the bus.  I'm just going to soak that in and hopefully he will always be a mama's boy.  But I really love having a little guy that is excited for me to come to his class and attend his field trip.  I had the cutest group of boys in my group.  They were all so easy.  He has a great class.








One time I went to Biz Town with Miles's class.  Miles was so funny.  He was the newscaster in the beginning and just loved it.  It was so novel to have a kid who loved being on camera.

Today Miles spoke in church.  I think this was his first talk!  He did such a great job with his delivery and although I'm pretty sure ChatGBT (Its so Miles to do that) wrote his talk, I loved it.  I love hearing his voice.  He seemed pretty comfortable.  I would love to hear him speak in more of his own words next time cause he is so funny.

I got my three Orange Theory workouts in this week and it was tough!  I do not recover well from these.  I also hiked on Thursday.  Then my knee hurt and it was hard to sleep.  And then the following night I also couldn't sleep from a headache.  We hosted a baby party for cute Lexi's first birthday at our house yesterday and I got way behind and didn't eat much til 5 when I hungrily snarfed up some pizza and I ended up with vertigo again today.  Dang.  So at least I can confirm that getting enough recovery, sleep, and low sodium is working and its not just random luck that I haven't had vertigo as much lately.  

The hike was incredibly beautiful.  Even if there is sooo much snow.   There was a huge avalanche in Provo canyon this week.  Its kinda sketchy!  Even looking up at the mountains they look different and more snowy than usual in the peaks.  


Soren finished up his basketball season.  Jared is such a great coach.  This was an inexperienced team.  But such cute boys!  They really improved.  And we will have to keep improving over the off season.  Soren worked hard by going to our neighbors indoor court to practice a lot.  It helped a ton.  His dribbling got so much better.  Some of the kids on the team said Jared looks like a "Nice Thanos" haha.  He gets the Thanos thing a lot.



We went on a date!  To Antica Sicilia.  We got the giant ribeye and it was so delicious and the owner/chef and server were so warm and friendly.  We loved it.  

Simone had her first lacrosse game of the season!  She's playing JV and so she gets to be in as much as she can handle really.  She did so great.  Lots of fast breaks and she has the longest strides.  She scored 4 goals.  




I did a rose gardening class yesterday and they had a drawing for a Peace rosebush that they passed around for everyone to enter.  There used to be a rose garden at Sugarhouse park and when I was young I went and decided the Peace Rose was my favorite kind of rose.  And when I entered the drawing I just knew I was going to win, and I'm usually not optimistic about things like that.  But I had a feeling.  It was so fun to win something.  I feel like it's the first time ever.

And we had cute Lexi's first birthday!  So fun!  Savannahs cute little girl.  Savannah made everything so cute!  Savannah is such a thoughtful and cute mom.  It was fun to see all the effort that went into Lexis first birthday.  And Taylor is the most hands-on, cutest dad.  Very happy for them.




And Simone decided to rehome her goats.  They are fun but a lot of work and she found a person locally that has a nice barn and pasture for them.  And they took all three.  So that is a bit of a relief.  We are down to two dogs and a cat!  We are still probably going to need another outdoor cat.  We are for sure getting a female this time!  No more super nice cuddly cats.  Haha.