So something that has made me really happy lately is having a patch test from my allergist! It doesn't sound fun right? Its not. In fact I waited a year to do it because it takes several days and you can't shower or workout. But I am so glad to finally get some answers and know which products to avoid so that my skin feels better.
I found out that I have a contact allergy to a bunch of things but the worst was a very common ingredient in basically most things with a fragrance, and a preservative in my dish soap, laundry soap and sunscreen. So I have to switch my lotion, lip balm, shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, dish soap, sunscreen, laundry detergent, and even my countertop spray. Dang.
I've always liked Just Ingredients and I am very interested in her food posts. But I really like my personal care products and didn't want to switch. Especially the laundry soap. But now knowing that it really is reacting with my skin it makes no sense to not find a cleaner brand. I'm going to try doTERRA's first of course. Unfortunately one of the compounds I react to is in a lot of oils. Its also in all the bushes in my backyard. So that might explain my allergies in my yard when I pick my raspberries, etc I usually brush up with these plants.
Anyway, I also got bloodwork done and found some other deficiencies and things that I can easily improve on and hopefully I will start feeling more energy. I've really been loving the Huberman Podcast lately. I've been learning about ADHD, red light therapy, hot and cold therapy, supplements, it is motivating me to get more sleep, vitamin D, eat well, and exercise. It has some really interesting subjects and he shares data and research for each.
I set some reminders in my phone and I don't clear them unless I get my supplements. Fish oil, doterra's LLV, Vitamin D, etc.
Another fun thing I did was using my 23 and Me DNA info I copied and pasted to generate a 58 page report at Found my Fitness that explained in depth many of these genes. It was so interesting! We all have so many different genes and I'm not surprised to have predisposition to certain diseases that my grandparents died from. It was very motivating though to see what I can do to counteract some of these predispositions.
Anyway, last week, Jared and I did a cold plunge in our pool. The heater is broken right now so good timing! And it was really refreshing and we both felt really good. It feels so good to get some answers and direction to how best to improve my health!