It was Elise's 23rd birthday!
My hiking friends planned to hike to Lake Blanche that day. So we set out at 8 am and it was so long and hard! 7 miles and 2500 feet elevation gain. We didn't get home until almost 3. Had to stop and hydrate afterwards.
But look how beautiful? We used to do a lot of hard hikes but we've gotten a little soft in recent years. Lol. This one was a good reminder. My calves are so sore today!
We got home, and I had about 20 minutes to pick up Soren for school and change and head to Jordanelle to go boating! It was perfect weather! Water wasn't even very cold. We surfed in the evening for the first time at the lake and the water was so good. Ethan's family joined us and it was so fun to see them again! His dad is in town for a few weeks. He really looks forward to his visits home to see his family. But in August he got COVID and had to delay his trip. I'm sure that is so tough! He's managing the building of the temple in India. Its a big sacrifice to be away for this four year job. We are happy he was able to get back now.
![]() |
| 23 looks good on her! Birthday surfing in late September is pretty lucky! |
I got to visit Elise yesterday, bring her her birthday presents and fix her garbage disposal. Mom things! Anyway it was so good to see her and spend a little time together. I love her artwork she painted for her apartment. She is loving her classes in school. And she is on a roll with her running. Monet made her a training plan for the half marathon at the end of October.
She is DYING to get a dog. Haha. Its not allowed at her apartment and she is exploring all kinds of options for other places to live but its just way more expensive with pets.
Someday soon, it WILL happen! I don't know anyone who has been more obsessed with dogs. Simone comes close actually. But I have no doubt at some point there will be many pets in her home.


