Monday, August 29, 2022

First Day for Elise and Monet

This past week:

Elise:
Relishing her last few days of summer.  She took Spring and Summer courses and so just had a shorter break.  Plus she didn't have to work.  So she really enjoyed the free time. 
She's really wanting a puppy.  But its a no go with her landlord and I think that its a good idea to wait for pets til you have your own home.  She loves dogs so much.  Her and Ethan got paid to do a couple photoshoots for a photography workshop so they got lots of photos of their fake engagement and that is somewhat cringe but also fun!

She's excited to start the Experience Design and Management program today!  It think that will be such a great fit for her.  I'm happy she's in and doesn't have to stress about that anymore.

Monet:
Moved into her new apartment and is very excited to live with two of her friends.  Its surprisingly cute for how cheap it was.

I miss her!  Its so fun when they come home, even for a month.  It just feels a little sad all over when they go back.  No more spontanteous food and shopping trips.

So this week I was preoccupied with Provo:

"Oh, you left your artwork.  Want me to bring it down?"
"The barstools are still here, you will probably need those.  I'll bring them."
"You need food?  Be right there."
"We should probably take all your friends boating before school starts."

Its a tapering off for me.  I know it only feels like this loss for a week or two.  Its been like this every year for four years.

Monet is one to always text me back pretty quickly and that is fun.  She's going to have a really fun year I think.  With all the friends coming home soon.  I recently read this personality test results she had to take for a class and it was so spot on it was hilarious.  I feel like I understand Monet even better now.  It entailed lots of traits including list making, planning, etc.

Miles:
Asked to homecoming!  Yay he finally asked someone to a dance.  Its been since sophomore year.

Is SO close with his new engine and parts.  At least I really hope.  Someone in our neighborhood drove by and offered Miles to use their huge garage if he ever needed it.  And Miles laughed when he told me and said, "He didn't know what he was offering."  Haha.  He also cleaned his room without any prompting for the first time maybe ever in his life. 

Miles is taking some online courses and just doing a couple classes at school this year.  He had fun at the game on Friday.

Simone:
Doing a lot of outdoor rock climbing and really loving that.  She cannot wait to get her license.  We better start letting her practice driving more.  She answered for Homecoming and is really excited about her first dance with August.

She invited some friends over and it was fun to meet some new kids.  She and I want to make sourdough, perfect our pizza oven, and she wants to get a scoby so she can make kombucha. 

Simone says high school is SO much better than junior high.  

Soren:
Reminding me so much of Elise at this age!  He's hesitant when making new friends and I have to force/encourage him to branch out, just like with Elise.  He has a great class.  Its A.L.L. and the same kids as last year and next year also same kids.  So that is really fun he will get to know all of them so well.

He got a new food jar for his lunch box and is making cup of noodle (left over from Lake Powell and he has to get it off the emergency food storage shelf) every chance he can get.  I had to tell him today no more cup of noodle.  lol.  Its such a novelty to have hot food at lunch.  He stuffed a burrito in there today.  Miles is taking him to his barber today and Soren is nervous about it.