| I thought her caption was cute! I like hearing how my kids tell their story. |
In junior high, maybe even high school, some kids took a child development class and had to carry around a bag of flour for a weekend.
We giggled about it a lot. And now that same assignment has gone high tech. They have baby dolls that have all kinds of technical settings that cry, have to have their diapers changed, need a bottle, etc. The baby comes with a bracelet that Simone had to wear that would detect if she wasn't in the same room with it. I think the intended outcome of this assignment is to reduce overpopulation. Haha.
We had the funniest weekend when it was Simone's turn to have her baby. I know for a fact she would have chosen an alternate assignment if she'd known what a pain it would be. But it was pretty funny despite the annoyance.
First off, she sprained her ankle. So carrying the baby around was hard! One day we walked into the kitchen and Simone's guy friend was giving the baby a bottle and she was getting something out of the pantry. Jared had to really restrain himself on that perfect setup! So many great one liners. Haha didn't want to embarrass Simone or her friend but it was hard to resist.
Simone went on a climbing day trip and had to use a backpack to transport the baby due to crutches. She was embarrassed when the other climbers see her with this doll. Haha. We all took lots of turns holding it so she could sleep. It was waking her up all night crying. And I got to be a fake grandma. I played it up really well I think.
I reassured her this assignment was nothing like having a real baby. Although I like that the assignment does help kids understand the responsibility of being a parent isn't easy.
