Wednesday, July 31, 2019

This Week {Letters to Elise}

So this week, we are all missing Monet who is at HEFY.  Its really hard to have two kids I can't see.  But Dad said, "we are just getting a taste of what it will be like next year."  Way to be super depressing!  That definitely did not cheer me up at all.

So here is what everyone has been up to!

1.  Brody the Goaty.  He's so cute.  He is BFF's with Lewis and Annie now that his balls are about to fall off.  At first introduction he head butted Lewis and Lewis freaked.  So dad decided it would actually be a good idea to have them "fix" the goat after all.  It makes them a friendlier pet without all the male hormones.  So when we were in Lake Powell the guy who sold him took him back and he banded him so now he is fixed.

And he certainly seems better already.  Simone was petting him forever and he is really attached to her now.  She was out there clearing the whole chicken area.  Her and dad went and bought a doghouse that is really insulated for it to live in in the winter.  Soren got stung by three wasps out in the chicken area.

Lewis and Annie love him and are really curious about him.
He tried to ram the glass door because he was sad everyone went inside.  Yikes.  He can also jump really high.

2.  Yardwork and chores.  Our yard has been neglected during all these trips.  So I've been digging out weeds and trying to get everything nice again.  Its a ton of work.  The guys are coming tomorrow to help so that will be good.  I'm trying to get Simone to have Brody eat the weeds in certain areas.  Today Soren and I went out and swam for a couple hours after we finished pressure washing the pool cover, weeding, and sweeping all the patios, cleaning the pool, etc.

3.  Soren Selling Geodes.  Yesterday he sat in the front yard with a sign.  Lol!  It was too funny.  Dad actually got a screenshot off the cameras.  He looked pretty sad out there.  So dad sent Simone's friend out with $3 to buy some things.  And a couple other people took pity on him too.  This morning after earning his $8 he set out again.  But I told him we need to add some cold drinks and better signage to help boost his sales.

4.  I hiked to Timp Cave this morning.  It was fun!

5.  Simone climbing with her coach Jon from Lehi.  She's missed climbing so much!

6.  I'm trying to stay busy with little projects.  I sold some stuff on KSL and most notably, the old brown sectional.  Everyone really misses it.  Except for me.  The new one is great and doesn't have to be fluffed up all the time.

7.  All three cars got the bumpers dinged up this week.  Curses.  But actually the damage is minimal.  Someone hit the big SUV and drove away in the parking lot in Holladay.  A guy witnessed it and took a photo of the car leaving the scene without putting a note on.   I ran the Jeep into a little pole at the gas station.  Dang.  It was stupid.  I was distracted and it was super busy.  So it just happened.  But it is mostly the license plate that looks bad.  I was in the car wash with the Tesla, when the car started automatically putting itself in park several times because I didn't have my seatbelt on.  Lame.  So the car behind me hit me.

8.  I had dinner with my high school friends and it was so fun!  I haven't seen them in so long.

Other than missing my oldest girls like crazy, this week isn't too eventful.