Monday, November 14, 2016

Dear Daughters

We had to do a little write up for the girls for YW for this weeks Young Women in Excellence.  I figured I'd copy and paste what I wrote here!  It feels like such a treat to be asked to write about my girls.

Elise--
What I love about Elise is her calming influence.  She is a peacemaker in our home and gets along with everyone.  She is a leader as well and a great example in our family.  I love that she's wanted to serve a mission for as long as I can remember.  She is always setting goals and trying to improve.  She is adventurous and super athletic.  She has a dry wit that is very entertaining.  She coached Simone's lacrosse team this year and I loved her interactions with the girls, they sure loved her!  She is a great student and is always up for taking hard classes.  I love her integrity and her desire to make good choices.

Monet--
Monet has an incredible amount of determination.  She is a great example of consistency and perseverance.  She isn't afraid of working hard to reach her goals.  She is excellent at time management and is very organized.  She is a hard worker and very dependable.  She always says thank you.  If she borrows money I never have to say anything about it.  She will keep track and make sure to pay me back without me saying a word.   She's incredibly honest that way.  She is very nurturing and is a great babysitter.  And the last thing about Monet that I think is incredible is how great she is at memorizing things.  Movie quotes, scriptures, poems, etc.  she is really good at it!  When she was barely three she learned Helaman 5:12.

...The truth is I could go ON and ON and ON. Ugh. Such is the life of a mom! I love these girls!