Thursday, April 23, 2015

Dreams Realized

In the past year, there have been quite a few days that I just wanted to sit back and soak in the experience of having a dream realized.

When I was young, I had a dream of having a huge garden and a beautiful yard.  When we lived in our Lehi home, I planted tulips and put in square foot gardens.  But there just wasn't space or money for poppies, peonies, roses, iris, and the multitude of other garden plants I had on my wishlist.

I still enjoyed that little yard and to be honest I realized low maintenance at that time in my life was very, very necessary.

However, last spring I went to a local nursery.  And I bought everything I wanted.  Lupine, peonies, poppies.  I had a beautiful fence built around our chicken run.  We had garden boxes built as well.  Huge ones with the best dirt.  Our garden was a jungle last year!  We grew tons and tons of pumpkins, sunflowers, etc.  Monet planted a whole row of zinnias.  And the best part was when the sprinklers broke, or the yard needed some weeding, I had a couple guys who would come right out and take care of it.  Hah!  Luxury!  Now I am pretty proud of when I fixed the sprinklers on my own back in our old home, but this time I knew that was not possible.  We have a yard eleven times the size of our old one and it is beyond what I can keep up with on my own.

It was such a fun dream come true for me!  We spent this weekend digging out an area for our bunnies in the chicken run.  We are burying 6 inch irrigation pipe so they won't have to live in hutches and they will have tunnels to run around in.  They love not being locked up.  All the kids loved it.

Another dream is happening right now too.  Little by little I am getting my house furnished.  It takes some research and some work but I am enjoying it.  For the first time in my life last year I walked into a store and ordered NEW furniture.  Not scratch and dent furniture.  Not garage sale new-to-me furniture.  But new exactly-what-I-wanted furniture.  It was so fun!  I still am a deal shopper for sure.  But I like being able to get what I really want.

And in another couple months, we'll have two more dreams come to fruition.  Jared and I are going on a trip to Europe.  Paid for mostly by doTERRA.  I am so excited!