Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Eight Months!

He has the cutest little birthmark shaped just like a semi truck.  Miles was excited about that.




Exploring the house


First Fever right after Christmas, Poor Baby!  He did fine though, just wanted to be held all day.

Uh Oh.

Eight Months!

Soren is climbing stairs, crawling everywhere and pulling up on the furniture.  He discovered clapping at our neighborhood breakfast and he thought that was a novelty!  Clapped for 30 minutes straight.  He has this cute little buddy at church, Andrew.  They were born the same week.

Yesterday he started "singing" with me when I am rocking him to sleep and singing to him.  Meaning the whole time I was singing, he was babbling, and when I stopped, he stopped.  It was so cute.  He doesn't like to snuggle all that much, but he'll lay on my shoulder and he likes especially the song "We are a Happy Family" maybe because it has everyone's name in it.  I loved his cute little babbling! It sounded like he was saying "dada" a lot.  The other day he surprised me when he was crawling around the house and he sounded like he was calling for me.  "Mama."  It was funny.  It will be cute when he is really able to say our names.

He has figured out that he doesn't really like me to feed him anymore, and that babyfood isn't very appetizing.  If he holds out, he gets more than just runny vegetables.  I was surprised that he ate as much babyfood as he did.  None of my other kids would touch the stuff.  He loved his pepperjack cheese today, and Taboule yesterday.

He likes Peek a Boo and can wave but doesn't do it very often.  He is so social.  He loves his sisters and brother.  He is always laughing with Simone.  And Miles always has some crazy face for him that makes Soren laugh.

Soren likes music too.  When I was singing in the kitchen a week ago, he started waving his arms all over and getting really into it.  Yesterday I did a cartwheel and he thought that was pretty funny.

We finally took him in and got a real haircut.  I just wasn't doing a very good job with the clippers.  It was cute and he did great!  It is nice to not have bedhead all the time. 

He is still toothless.  He has a cute little gummy smile still.

No More Bedhead!

I LOVE this picture!  Thanks Steph for the darling pictures!

A good pic showing his "cool ear"