Tuesday, October 02, 2012

California Trip by Monet








I have been waiting for some time for Monet and I to sit down so she could write all about her trip to California to visit Nana and Papa.  Unfortunately with her schoolwork (lots of homework this year) 4 hours a week of basketball, and 5+/week of lacrosse, piano, activity days, etc, it just isn't happening!  We got as far as making an outline, but it takes kids a lot longer to write than it does me.  So while I'm not going to let her forget to do it eventually, I want to write a little bit about this fantastic vacation she had.

Nana and Papa have a great tradition of taking the kids who are 10 years old for a week during the summer.  They pack in all kinds of fun stuff.  Basically, it is a dream vacation for a 10-year-old.  What a fun tradition!  Monet has been looking forward to it for years.

They did makeovers at Libby Lu and then spent a day at Disneyland.  They went to Knott's Berry Farm, an Angels Game, the Beach, Movies, dinner, etc.  Monet especially likes riding in Papa's cool sports car.  She and her friend Talmage are always looking to spot the sports cars on the road, and California is a great place to do that.

I'm not sure how Papa managed to do so many LONG days at the amusement park.  They stayed to the fireworks.  Wow.  I can hardly take more than one day at a time, all that walking is literally miles and miles.  One friend wore a pedometer once and it was about 10 miles or so that she walked in one day.   Monet loved it and was excited to tell me all about it when she got home.  I'll let her write more details of the trip later.