Thursday, November 05, 2009

Simone's Sniffer

Simone has a great sense of smell. She loves to smell candles and will sit for literally an hour smelling all the candles at the store. We tried this once at the home show when we were waiting for Jared. She can last for a long time when she has something good to smell.

However, her sensitivity to smells can be a bit of a problem. At the Fourth of July, she had her first experience ever using the port-a-potties. My other kids thought of port-a-potties as really interesting and kinda fun. Simone's first reaction on entering was "it smell stinky in here!" And she refused to use it.

When she climbs into the car, one of her first statements is either, "it smell stinky in here!" or "MM, smell good."

And she complains like no other if someone has gas. She gets this fully disgusted look on her face, and usually takes out her anger on Miles.

So yesterday at Ikea, we were still back by all the plants and she said "I smell bread, and it smells good!" I couldn't smell anything and was wondering what in the world she was talking about. About twenty five yards later we turned the corner to the warehouse and I smelled their cinnamon buns. I was amazed that she could smell something so far off.