Tuesday, October 14, 2008

5 Things I love about Elise--Happy 9th Birthday!

Elise recently turned 9! She had an Olympics Birthday party and it was so much fun!
We all loved diving into the foam pit. Here is Elise doing a backflip:



Her friend Hailey stayed up so late to wish Elise a happy birthday! She was on a trip to California and got back late, but wanted to see Elise. That was so sweet!



5 things I love about Elise:

I love that she loves fashion and girly stuff, but isn't afraid to get her hands dirty either. From covering her arms with snails, fishing, and building worm orphanages, to covering her body in paint or mud--Elise really loves adventure. Here she is catching her first fish. The next month she caught a barracuda that was almost as big as she was! Good thing she loves seafood.

Here is trying on clothes on her birthday, just the two of us. It was fun to have some girl time.

She is creative. I love the games she and her friends think up . For example: elaborate homes for her American Girl Dolls and stuffed animals, awesome forts, and creating all kinds of inventions and fashion designs.

She helps me SO much and is so responsible. She takes great care of Simone and Miles. She has started taking Simone to the park on occasion. Elise is so sweet in the way she talks to her and is incredibly patient. I am so grateful for her help!

Elise is keenly aware of humor. We love to tease her, because she just gets it and always has a ready grin.

And finally I love her personality. Sometimes I am amazed at how much she is like Jared. They both love seafood, humor, nonfiction books, animals, creating inventions, and sports. She has his coordination too. Thank goodness!

Here is another one because I can't resist. This was when Elise first got to hold her new little sister, and it is just so sweet and fun. I love that little voice!




I love you Elise! You will always be that sweet little baby that made me a mother. I loved you from the moment I saw those cute chubby cheeks. Actually it was way before then when you were dancing in my tummy. I am so happy to be your mom.