Tonight, I was with my sisters and we were talking about my brother's poor dog Kenna that got old and died. My kids were wondering which one it was since my brother has two dogs, and I told them it was the mama dog. They were very sad for the poor baby (like 6 year old) dog and how sad he must be to lose his mama.
My birthday is coming up, and I was tucking Miles into bed tonight I asked him, "Do you know how old I am going to be?"
Miles: 3. I mean 6.
Me: Nope, I am going to be --(okay, now I am not going to tell the whole world how old I am since this is the internet and all). I am old!
The smile vanishes. He looks at me seriously--"No! I don't want you to be old!"
Oh, how sad! I think he was thinking of the poor mama dog that died. Poor kid. But his concern was sweet all the same.
I had to explain that I wasn't old. I am still really young.
Speaking of death and dying, to celebrate my birthday, we are going hangliding. SCARY. I've always wanted to go, but now I am having second thoughts. I never really worried about safety stuff when I didn't have children, but now anything that has a remote chance of malfunction is reminds me that I am not immortal and that my children need a mommy. However, I'll probably end up doing it, and loving it.
I'll be sure to post pictures!