Thursday, October 25, 2007

All my problems solved---or not!

I was thinking earlier this week that really, everything I feel I want to fit in to my day would be accomplished if I could just dicipline myself to waking up one hour earlier. I can work out, read my scriptures, start a load of laundry, switch the load, fix a good breakfast, get showered and dressed for the day before the kids wake up etc.

Well, what was I thinking? I am terribly optimistic when it comes to time. I always think things will just take a few minutes. And I am always late to everything (thank you to my sisters who understand me and don't take that too personally--I am trying to be more realistic). So I shouldn't be surprised that waking up an hour earlier did not accomplish all those things. I did get a load of laundry put in, a workout, and showered before the kids woke up. But all that other stuff can't be fit into that same hour unless I learn to run four minute miles. And I don't think waking up another hour earlier at 4:30 am is going to work for me! Jared will be begging me to get some more sleep.

I was cranky all day from waking up early and running hard. Thankfully daylight savings is in two days! Now if I could just stick to my yearly goal of going to bed earlier with daylight savings...